10 Facts About The First Date You Probably Didn’t Know
For todays article I’m going to take a back-seat in dishing out the dating advice, as I’ve been scouring the internet for facts, figures and statistics about first dates.
I’m going to do my best to remain completely impartial for now as I’d really love to hear your thoughts, reactions and feedback on some of this research, so make sure you leave a comment letting me know.
Without further a do, here are the cold, hard facts!
- 71% of people surveyed at topdatingtips.com said they believe in love at first site.
- Only 24% of people (also surveyed at topdatingtips.com) said that they trust someone they’re out on a first date with!
- A survey of 38,912 singles conducted by It’s Just Lunch found that the chances of a second date happening when a guy hasn’t got in touch in the first 24 hours is as low as 1 in 8.
- “8 out of 10 women think that the first kiss will tell them everything they need to know about a relationship” – Hitch (okay, this one you may have heard before!)
- 43% of singles have Googled someone on the internet before a first date.
- Had a first date set up by a friend? There is only a 17% chance of a second.
- “Men will decide within 15 minutes of a date whether a second date is on the cards. Women are a little more patient, often taking up to 1 hour to assess any potential chemistry.” – Matt Fuller
- 42% of people say that they’ve had a one night stand and regretted it the next day.
- The number one conversation killer on a first date is past relationships (49%), with dieting or body image coming in at number two.
- “51% percent of single people surveyed said that flattery is the best way to attract someone. According to Are You Normal About Sex, Love, and Relationships? 25% also say to use touching as a way to flirt is very effective, and a surprising 23% say that the best way to let someone know you’re interested in them is the old schoolyard method of passing word through a friend.” – Will Irvin
So there you have it. There’s a few things here I wouldn’t necessarily agree with, others that could just well be spot on, and a handful that are downright scary!
When it comes to first dates, the more hints and tips you have up your sleeve, the faster you’ll be with the man of your dreams.
Once you’re on a first date, it’s crucial you know what to do to get a guy hooked…
This means using proven dating tips that work with almost all men and help to spark the attraction, to the point where he’ll be dying to call you. In my FREE newsletter I show you some of the most cutting edge tips for meeting, attracting and keeping your ideal guy. So sign up today, get instant access and you’ll be reading the first newsletter within minutes.
In this newsletter Matthew will show you:
- Where to find your ideal guy and the types of men YOU want
- How to tell if a guy actually likes you
- Ways to attract guys without risking rejection
- The little known rule that gets a guy to notice you instantly
- 3 Surefire Ways To Get Him To Commit
- ...And much more, simple easy to follow advice that works!
All information is 100% confidential and NO SPAM.